Responsible for the day-to-day management of people and processes necessary to support the Operations function. Responsibilities include overseeing payables, freight and expense procurement, maintenance, data management, audit and recovery, data entry and various operations support. May also be involved in the ongoing analysis and planning for operational audits, Sarbanes Oxley audits, acquisition integrations, and any other operational compliance reviews. May provide coordination between Financial, Operational, and Systems reviews for the group to provide economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of total activities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Facilitates and drives process development, training programs and procedural efficiencies, including the development of processes and the oversight of procedural implementation. Oversee the continual review and refinement of operational processes and procedures. Develop, implement, and monitor Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies and analyzes issues directly impacting operational areas, including pricing, inventory, receiving and freight. Creates metrics from reports to measure operational issues and communicate findings to management. Prepares, analyzes and distributes reports.
- Develops training materials and conducts training on administrative functions. Creates reference manuals, job aids, and web-based training sessions.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Merchandising, Operations, Logistics, HR and IT.
- Leads, plans and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform operational audits of functions and activities. Utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consistent with established policies.
- May manage the Six Sigma/Process Excellence initiative.
- May assist with acquisition integrations and system conversions to ensure operational excellence and internal/external compliance.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.