Does this sound like you?
Do you know how to write a story (from two words to 1,500) that engages, inspires and compels your audience? Can you do it on time and on budget? Are you comfortable with a fast pace, tight deadlines and fun people? Do you ask good questions? Are you detail-oriented? If so, we need you on our team.
Design, implement and evaluate plans to meet associate and company functional support group communication needs through print and electronic communications.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Write and edit clear, compelling and creative content for variety of print and digital formats for both internal and external audiences.
- Translate stakeholders’ requests into innovative solutions, supported by sound project plans.
- Coordinate communication projects from conception to completion, ensuring work is on time, on budget and on message.
- Ensure consistent messaging and brand compliance with corporate identity standards.
- Coordinate with vendors such as graphic designers, photographers and printers.
- Implement and maintain the communication strategy.
- Coordinate administrative functions such as maintaining print, electronic distribution lists
- Foster vendor and printer relationships in order to meet deadlines.
- Oversee the production schedule and distribution of print and electronic communications as needed.
- Maintain editorial calendar.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective final results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected or exceeded. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees’ professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline, or commensurate professional experience. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.