About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Serve as a facilitator to the sales process that may generate new sales opportunities or upsell via phone, email, or other electronic communication. Oversee responses to customer order and quotation requests for all levels of accounts received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed correspondence. May directly or indirectly support outside sales.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Nature and Scope
Education and Experience
• Prepare and submit quotations based on inquiry, design specifications, and/or technical recommendations outlining price, availability, terms and conditions, etc.
o Determine Pricing strategy either alone or in conjunction with Team Leader, Outside Sales partner, and/or Management
o Determine sourcing strategies which align customer needs with internal objectives
o Determine logistical requirements and alternatives and assist as needed with execution
o Prepare and/or provide technical documents in relation to customer application
o Follow up with customers to ensure quote has been received and ask for feedback
o Negotiate price and availability with customers and vendors as needed
• Process transactions within an assigned customer group or geography with the objective of increasing customer service, sales, and gross profit and within quality standards
o Utilize Core and Main business systems to process transactions to company standard
o Utilize approved Customer Resource Management (CRM) tool in daily activities
• Manage Projects
o Act as primary liaison between Customers, Outside Sales, various support departments at Core and Main, and vendors
o Ensure appropriate actions are taken to ensure excellent customer experience
o Manage timely communication by monitoring and utilizing phone, e-mail, text, or other company approved tools
o Provide customer requested information including but not limited to, tracking information, invoice copies, proof of delivery, etc.
o Monitor commitments to customers to ensure changes and or problems are handled proactively
• Participate in Sales Meetings and continuous learning programs as required
• Assist with general phone coverage as needed
• Ensure compliance with Core and Main Quality objectives and standards
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
• Education: Associate (Two year) college/technical school degree in sales, marketing, business or closely related field.
• Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the direct customer selling process and techniques including closing sales is preferred, but not required
• Skills: Position requires knowledge of features, benefits and use/application of broad range of company products
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well